1. Reading Material- I love my Kindle. Don’t get me wrong, I love the feel of real books but I can guarantee that I don’t run out of reading material without taking up precious room in my carry-on.
2. Scarf- I always get chilly on planes. I’m the passenger that turns the her air vent off and requests extra blankets so I travel with a scarf always. Even in the summer.
3. An extra shirt and pair of underwear- My baggage has never been lost *knock on wood* but I dread the day that it might be. I always fly with spares to get me through the next day, just in case.
4. Water bottle- I am super cheap and airports are really expensive. I’ve found that you can fly with a water bottle. AS LONG AS IT’S EMPTY. And you take it out of your bag and put it next to your shoes/jacket in the bin when going through security. Then fill it up at a water fountain once you’re on the other side!
5. Snacks- Ditto, still cheap. But man do I love snacking while traveling. The purple skittles bags are my favourite candies on the planet.
6. Gum- Because I don’t bring a ziplock with toiletries I bring gum to “freshen up” in the morning, before going through immigration and getting to pick up my luggage. Once I get my luggage I immediately brush my teeth.
7. Phone and earbuds- Pretty self-explanatory.
8. Journal and pen- I am queen of the “To Do” List and that doesn’t change mid-flight. Actually, I’ve gotten lots of writing done on planes, including some decent poetry.
9. Face cloths- I hate the way skin feels midhaul on international flights. I like to cleanse it off before trying to get some rest and when the plane lands.
10. Tangle Teezer- It’s the only brush I use. When I’m at someone else’s home and I borrow a regular brush all I feel is pain and cry “What kind of torture is this?!?!” Seriously, this will change your life.
11. Burt’s Bees- I swear that I get the worst chapped lips while flying. And I am freakishly brand loyal to Burt’s Bees.
What do you all always travel with?