This idea seemed to get a very warm welcome last week, so I’d like to introduce my second weekly recap!
1. Although I’ve had some long commutes this week, it’s allowed me to get some good reading time in. Right now I have the ‘Bride of Innisfallen’, ‘Death Comes to Pemberely’ and ‘Belzhar’ on the go. (Connect with me on Goodreads if you want to swap book recommendations.) Bonus happy fact: I got “Death Comes to Pemberely” at the book swap section at my local train station.
2. Acting all day long with Sam on Wednesday. It was a lot of fun, and was like being at drama school again. Actually, it straight up made me miss being in drama school.
3. Getting to eat some of my favourite meals this week. From chicken and mushroom cider casserole to lentils and halloumi to baking a chocolate cake. It was a good week for food in our flat! Except for Thursday night. That will forever be known as gnocchigate.
4. A dinner that I organised for work went really. Really well. I think most people were happy with the choice and it went as smoothly as could have when taking a large group to a restaurant in central London.
5. Lots of little tasks were ticked off the forever growing “to-do” list. Apply for train ticket refund due to Finsbury Park Christmas mayhem? Check! Get family photos from Christmas printed and mailed to said family members? Double check!
Confession of the week: I’m a bit mad when it comes to alarms. I have intense anxiety about them. Sometimes I have to check them (yes ‘them’ because I set multiple alarms, and have a specific order that they need to be checked in) dozens of times. The more important the event, the more anxiety I get about my alarm not going off. There was one night this week Sam literally took my phone away from me so that I would stop checking.
What are your plans for this weekend? I’m going to have a glorious day of sleeping in on Saturday and slow cooking something in the oven.