For those of you who follow me on Twitter, you’ll have seen that our oven has been broken for the past week. Never before had I realised how heavily I rely on the oven when preparing dinner. I’ve been focusing on a lot of stovetop only dishes and this was one that I made the other night.
- 1 lb of penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen peas
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of pine nuts
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup of mascarpone
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- parsley, chopped to garnish
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Put your pasta on to boil. While it cooks, boil your peas to thaw them. Once the peas are throughly thawed, strain them. Then sauté the peas, garlic and pine nuts with a tablespoon of olive oil. Once the pine nuts are lightly toasted, set the pan aside.
- When the pasta is cooked, strain it. (Reserving the pasta water just in case the sauce needs to be loosened a bit.) Add your strained pasta to a large bowl and mix in the mascarpone and the creme fraiche. Then mix in the lemon juice and zest.
- Lastly, toss in the pea, pine nut, garlic mix.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and top with your grated parmesan and parsley.
What’s your favourite quick, weeknight dinner?