I think I’ve always loved chicken caesar salads because they are only healthy if you squint. Crunchy croutons, lashings of cheese and dressings….mmm…. a delicious caesar is hard for me to resist! And when the weather gets warmer, I just want to eat more and more salad!
- 250 g chicken
- 2 tablespoons of your favourite bbq sauce
- 1/2 a loaf of ciabatta
- rapeseed oil
- 1 bag of your favourite crisp salad, I used Florette
- 30 g parmesan, shaved
- (makes 400 mL and keeps for 3-5 days in the refrigerator)
- 120 g mayonnaise
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 120 mL of fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- pinch of salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 190 C (375 F) and lightly coat your chicken in bbq sauce. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is coated through, and then throw into a hot griddle pan on the stovetop just to sear quickly. Set the chicken aside to cool.
- Slice the ciabatta into 1 cm wide chunks and lay them out onto a baking sheet. Drizzle your ciabatta with rapeseed oil, salt and pepper and bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the baking sheet to cool.
- Whilst everything is cooling make your caesar dressing. In a medium sized bowl, combine your mayonnaise, garlic and lemon juice and mix. Then add in your mustard, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and stir thoroughly. Pour into a jar.
- Wash and dry your salad. Toss your salad with a bit of your dressing, top with your parmesan, chicken and ciabatta and then put a good twist of black pepper on to finish.
If I’m in a hurry, I’ll omit the chicken from my caesar salad for lunch. Sometimes I like to substitute in bacon or toasted pine nuts just to shake things up a bit!
I received my bag of Florette salad free to review. To find more delicious inspiration, check out Florette’s summer salads!