For ages I’ve been telling Sam about corn fritters and how good they are, but they were just another crazy dish that I love that he had absolutely no conception of. So in an effort to shake off some dinner ennui this week (does anyone else feel like they get stuck in the rut of making the same 10 recipes over and over?) I took the chance and and made them.
Traditionally I’d serve them for a brunch, but despite the late hour that didn’t stop me from serving them with a hearty portion of bacon.
- 100 g of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of sweet chili sauce
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 150 ml of milk
- 200 g of sweetcorn
- salsa and sour cream to top
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Stir till thoroughly combined. Make a well in the centre, add in your egg and gradually beat in your milk. Next, stir in your sweet chili sauce. Lastly, fold in your sweet corn.
- Heat up and oil a small skillet and cook your fritters the exact same way you would a pancake. The fritters should be silver dollar sized (Scottish pancake sized) ideally.
- Top with a healthy portion of fresh salsa (you can find my recipe here: http://rhymeandribbons.com/2013/02/salsa-and-guacamole.html) and then with a dollop of sour cream. I serve bacon alongside my fritters.
Sam absolutely loved them so I hope other people do as well!