Hello everyone! Happy Friday! I hope your week has been lovely! Can you believe it’s only 22 days till Halloween? Aka 3 weeks tomorrow. I need somewhere excellent to go so that I can finally use my perfect couples costume idea – undead Mary Poppins and Bert. But that means it’s also 77 days till Christmas which is insane. Basically, anything under 100 days, I just assume is right around the corner.
1. Bake Off spoiler alert*******
I was really moved in the final by Nadiya’s speech, but Mary’s reaction was totally priceless! Even though I was Team Tamal, Nadiya was my second favourite. And even I can fully admit that Nadiya definitely performed better on the last round than either Tamal or Ian. I can’t believe that I only have one bake left to do.
2. I got to help Katy celebrate her birthday on Monday.
3. I found out my dream pair of wedding shoes were out of stock, and then luckily secured a pair from the wholesale supplier who had a pair left over in my size. They are beauties. You can check out my instagram to really see them.
4. I attended a fabulous engagement party of some good friends at Lights of Soho. They live in Canada now so it was amazing that they got to celebrate their engagement with us. Plus Lights of Soho is a private members club, and I don’t get to hang out at those too often!
5. Even though the weather this week has been wet, wet, wet last weekend the weather was glorious and I managed to sneak in a trip to the seaside on Saturday.
6. Since the beginning of September, I’ve been taking my fitness really seriously and I even found myself wishlisting some cute workout clothes last night. I know guys, it’s like I’ve been replaced by an alien body double. I am shocked too.
7. My nephew’s first birthday is next week and I’ve been constantly perusing baby clothing websites trying to find the perfect outfit. GapBaby is perfection. That’s probably so #basic of me, but I love their kids clothing. And looking at all that baby clothing makes my uterus glow. But only because everything is so tiny. Then I have to promptly close that page and remember how much I love my freedom to sleep in.
8. I’ve probably been annoying everyone by tweeting about my entry into Bettys Tea Party photo competition, but if you haven’t voted yet, head on over and vote for Rhyme & Ribbons. And if you’ve already voted, you can vote again!
9. Reading/Watching/Listening: Sam and I have been reading “Danny the Champion of the World” aloud to each other before bed – it’s one of the only Dahl books I hadn’t read. I couldn’t recommend “Sing it On” a documentary series on Netflix about collegiate a cappella more highly. I got so wrapped up in it that I watched it all in about 2 days. Since then I’ve been watching the Netflix original series “Scream” to get myself in a spooky October mood. And I’ve been listening to Ryan Adams cover of Taylor Swifts “1989” on repeat.
10. I’m just a few followers away from 1000 on instagram which is really exciting. Hopefully by the end of the weekend, I’ll hit that goal!