I’m officially excited about Christmas; I’ve begun my shopping and now I just want to get the tree up! Although I’m also still pretty excited to have my annual grocery shopping splurge and buy my favourite expat groceries at exorbitant prices.
1. I had an excellent evening snuggled away with Frankie at an Audley Travel event on Tuesday evening. They are currently promoting their new SE Asia cruises. And whilst I haven’t traveled through SE Asia myself, I’d love to one day- even if only for all the food!
2. I had my first ever instagram photo break 300 likes. I know it’s not massive, but I’m proud.
3. On Wednesday I attended the Laura Ashley SS2016 show. As always, I am loving their bigger furniture pieces and their fun yet traditional use of fabric. I loved all the pale muted blues and greens and greys, not to mention all the incredible floral embroidery that was showcased on many different collections.
4. It was my sister-in-law’s birthday this weekend and I got lots of snuggles in with her lovely, lovely baby.
5. Any fans of “The Jinx” or “Serial” should watch “The Staircase”- it’s old but it’s all on youtube now!
6. Sam and I braved the rain on bonfire night and went out to watch the Crystal Palace Park fireworks. After last year’s mad crush of people and all-round downer of an experience, we didn’t pay for tickets to go in the park but instead watched from a nearby car park. Maybe it wasn’t a top class view, but for free, it was good enough.
7. On Sunday morning, we went to our local Remembrance Day service. Everyone was crowded around the local monument laying their wreaths and all the boy scouts, girl scouts and local politicians were there. What was most amazing was that the police had closed down the main street during the service so that the minute of silence was actually silent. I don’t think I’ve ever heard it that quiet in London before.
8. Every time I shower it’s like a murder scene because the red dye just pours out. Obviously, this isn’t strictly a good thing, but it does really make me laugh.
9. I’ve definitely been getting into the festive spirit thanks to Hotel Chocolat. They sent me a few holiday goodies to try out, and I’m a convert. I’ve long said that I like Cadbury’s Whole Nut just as much as I like “fancy” chocolates but Hotel Chocolat had me eating my hat (my Santa hat). My favourite had to be the classic Christmas H Box, but the classic drinking chocolate and the gingerbread men were delicious as well.
The minced pie brownie chocolate in the Christmas box was really something special. As were the Eton Mess chocolates. The gingerbread men really had a great spicy ginger kick within all that creamy chocolate. And don’t mess about with the brandy butter chocolates – they really pack an alcohol punch!
10. I’ve been directing the fabulous Katie from Bloody Hell Brennan, and the up-for-anything Sam for a Marie Antoinette evening at Truc Vert. Katie is Marie and Sam is Louis. Perfection. Join us at Truc Vert, a beautiful French restaurant in Mayfair for a special evening of food, cocktails and theatre on Saturday 14th. Tickets £20, available here.
What have you been up to lately?