Happy November everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween. I can’t believe how quickly this fall is flying by. On one hand, I want it to slow down because I dread January – March. (Miserable weather, no real holidays; just darkness and cold.) On the other hand, I can’t wait for Christmas (which I can officially start talking about now that Halloween is over) and next summer to arrive with wedding bells on its heels.
1. That Sam and I carved an amazing Ghostbusters pumpkin that I am extremely proud of. Sam did all the gutting. Aka the part I hate, and I sketched and carved the pattern. Teamwork!
2. We’ve nailed down our holiday plans; this year we’ll be spending them with Sam’s dad.
3. My brother celebrated his birthday. Hurray brother!
4. I actually held out and we didn’t turn our heating on until the first of November. It felt like an accomplishment, but boy was I also happy to turn it on.
5. Getting to help the lovely Emma celebrate her birthday last weekend with a lovely brunch and girlie catchup.
6. We had a lovely (and warm!) Halloween that included a picnic on Hampstead Heath. I tried to book us on to a ghost tour and/or Jack the Ripper tour but everything was fully booked so I planned one for Sam. It might not have been as spooky with me reading the scary stories, but we had a blast traipsing all around London finding “haunted” locations.
7. Annnnddd we have tickets to see “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” Whoop, whoop, whoop! Super excited. Now I just have to wait until February 2017….
8. Sunday was filled with catching up on chores and some work around the house (including mountains of laundry) but I also stumbled across an amazing original production photo from the Prospect Theatre Company of Ian McKellen playing Hamlet in 1971. I snapped it up for a steal and can’t wait to get it framed and hung!
9. We’ve officially booked our wedding food option/caterer. Pretty much all of the “big” tasks have been ticked off now. Besides gathering alcohol, invitations, Sam’s outfit, decorating, making our play list… Okay so maybe we still have a long way to go!
10. And to finish off my October challenge of 31 days of spooky viewing I watched the following:
Oct 23 – “American Horror Story: Freak Show: ‘Pink Cupcakes’ ” (Season 4, Episode 5)
Oct 24 – “House of Wax” (the Paris Hilton version)
Oct 25 – “The Apparition”
Oct 26 – “Goosebumps: Phantom of the Auditorium”
Oct 27 – “Goosebumps: Piano Lessons Can Be Murder”
Oct 28 – Started the film “Housebound” – A darkly funny New Zealand film.
Oct 29 – “American Mary”
Oct 30- Watched a documentary on “The medieval English vampire”
Oct 31 – “Nightmare on Elm Street”
How was your Halloween? Do you have any exciting plans for November?