How has this first week of December treating everyone? My week has been chockfull of good food and festive atmosphere! It’s been equal parts extremely busy work-wise and full of fun in my personal life. But that always seems to happen around the festive season, doesn’t it?
1. Thanksgiving last week was wonderful. Sam and I both ate more food than was good for us and then spent the evening Skyping with my family. Plus he got me a crown so that I could be the Queen of Thanksgiving.
2. I attended a fabulous lunch with Nuffnang at SushinoEn last Saturday. (My post went live yesterday.)
3. My brother just started a fantastic new job this week and I am so proud of him. It’s strange to think of my little brother in such a grownup role.
4. Since Sam’s been working weekends, I’ve been heavily binge watching “Reign”. I don’t want to slow down my viewing rate because I need to know what happens, but I also never want it to end.
5. I went to Guildford on Tuesday evening and had a great time wandering around the High Street in my down time.
6. On Wednesday evening after work Sam and I put up our Christmas tree. It was super exciting! We’ve yet to make our annual egg ornaments but I’m sure it’ll happen soon.
7. I managed to sneak in a cheeky mid-week Chipotle lunch. Yes corn salsa, yes.
8. All the lovely flowers I’ve instagrammed lately are being carefully dried and added to my collection of dried petals for the wedding. I’ve already been saving them up for nearly 10 months and it seems I’m making little headway.
9. I designed our wedding invitations myself, and the first batch was printed yesterday. Just a few more tweaks and then I think I’ll be satisfied.
10. Sam and I picked out and purchased our rings. I can’t wait for them to come in after Christmas! Sam was so excited that he wanted to wear his immediately. (Good thing we had to order the correct size.) It felt so strange seeing Sam in his ring, it really hammered home how real it all is in a giddy and nervous way.
I’m attending the BBC Good Food Fayre this weekend at Hampton Court Palace and I’m so excited for it! What are your weekend plans?