If anyone is in the market for any last minute Christmas cookies, I have just the recipe for you. It’s quick and fairly easy to whip up, whilst guaranteed to please!
The perfect accompanying drink would be a Baileys Flat White Martini (a take on an espresso martini), and obviously a great way to start your Christmas morning!
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 100 g of sugar
- 350 g of flour
- zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons of Baileys
- 1 tablespoon of Baileys
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped
- crushed hazelnuts (if desired)
- Cream your butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Then stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice and Baileys. Then add the flour and a pinch of salt and mix until it just comes together. Don't overwork your dough.
- Split your dough in two parts and flatten each half, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour. Once your dough has chilled for an hour, lightly flour your work surface and roll out your dough to 1/2 to 1 cm thickness and then cut out your desired shape. Arrange on your cookie sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes. While your cookies are chilling again, preheat your oven to 150 C.
- Bake your shortbread for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on the tray for several minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once your cookies are cool, melt your chocolate and stir in the Baileys. Dip half of each cookie in the chocolate and let the excess drip off. Dust the chocolate section of the cookies with crushed hazelnuts while the chocolate is still wet.
I was sent my bottle of Baileys to create my own desserts but all my opinions are, as always, my own.
Click to find more delicious Baileys desserts and other recipes.
What’s your go-to Christmas cookie?