After the calorie splurge that is Christmas through New Year’s Day, my body always craves something a bit more fresh. (And definitely less stodgy.) So today I bring you an old favourite, my roasted Winter Salad.
Roasted Winter Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 938
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 106g
Saturated Fat 38g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 54g
Total Carbohydrates 53g
Dietary Fiber 12g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 bell peppers
- 400 g plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, shredded
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- chunk of fresh mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200 C. Slice your bell peppers in half and pop onto a roasting pan. Cook for about 35 minutes or until the skin starts to blacken.
- Whilst your peppers are cooking, chop, dice and halve your veggies appropriately. Add them to a large bowl and add in the balsamic vinegar and the olive oil. Toss until all the veggies are evenly coated. Let it sit and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Once the peppers are done, remove the blackened skin and finely chop them. Add them to your marinated veggies. Top with some torn mozzarella, a sprinkling of basil and salt and pepper to taste.
Rhyme & Ribbons http://rhymeandribbons.com/
Do you prioritise health eating at the beginning of a new year?