It’s no secret that I am a massive fan of both sweet potatoes and chickpeas, but especially sweet potatoes. Who can resist those tasty orange slices of delight? You name me one person and I’ll call them a liar. Now this recipe for Sweet Potatoes and Chickpeas with Lime Yogurt might not be the most visually appealing dish in the world, but it is delicious!
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
- 2 limes, juiced
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Slice your sweet potato into wedges. Toss the sweet potatoes with honey and red pepper flakes until they are evenly coated. Spread the coconut oil over your baking tray, then scatter your sweet potato wedges over the tray and bake for 40 minutes or until soft.
- Toss the chick peas, red onion, paprika, salt and pepper together in a bowl, and then spread over a second baking tray. Add the chickpeas to the oven after the wedges have been roasting for 35 minutes. Roast for about 15 minutes.
- Whilst everything is roasting, mix your greek yogurt and lime juice together.
- When everything is roasted, add your sweet potatoes to a dish, top with your chickpeas and onions before finishing off with a drizzle of lime yogurt.
Can sweet potatoes be anymore delicious?