The long awaited banana bread is here! You dedicated readers will now be able to stop hearing me whine about wanting banana bread all the time, because I finally baked some over the weekend. The only problem is, every time I turned my back, Sam snaffled some so those loaves went quicker than expected. (Luckily I managed to wrestle the ends away from him – the ends are my favourite bits!)
- 1 2/3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 3 1/2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C) and line 2 loaf tins if they are small, 1 if it's larger.
- In a large bowl, shift in your flour and other dry ingredients. Add in the mashed banana, eggs, oil, sour cream and vanilla and stir to bring it all together.
- Fill your loaf tin 2/3 full. Bake for 45- 50 minutes. If you find your top browning quickly, cover your tins up with foil to complete the baking session. The banana bread should be golden brown.
I also made a vlog of the recipe so you can watch it below here or subscribe on YouTube to follow along there.
Banana bread – yay or nay?