I mentioned last week, about my need to eat healthier when baking along during the #bakeoffbakealong. In this time, eggs become an absolute staple in our diets. Sam has always been a bit egg mad, so it suits him perfectly.
I’m a bit pickier when it comes to eggs (or maybe I’ve just had worse luck and had more truly terrible egg dishes land on my plate.) This Paleo Chorizo Frittata ticks all the right boxes for me; not too runny, not too dry and packed with goodness.
I served the frittata with a green salad on the side as well.
- 3 oz chorizo (diced)
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- coconut oil (for greasing your pan)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small pan, fry your chorizo. You don't need to add any oil, as the chorizo itself has so many natural oils. Saute the onions and bell pepper as well. Set everything aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat a medium sized baking dish with the coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, scramble the eggs and then mix in all the ingredients except the tomatoes. Pour your eggy mixture into your baking dish and then place your halved tomatoes on the top. Bake for 20-25 minute.
What does your perfect egg look like?