This year I decided to do something a little bit different with my gift guide post. I don’t often do gift guides and those I see on the internet don’t often feel very me. This year’s first (and maybe only) gift guide of Christmas 2017 is themed. So here’s some inspiration for anyone in your life who supports feminism and equality.
Products marked with *** give a portion of their proceeds to a specific charity or cause. And there’s some really worthy causes on the list!
The only products in this post that are affiliate linked are the books. All others are just linked to various shops because I just want to promote them, not necessarily make a few dollars. Not that there’s anything wrong with making a few affiliate sales, because there’s not. But I just wanted this to be as transparent as possible, and for those readers who are afraid of clicking links in case they are affiliated, click away!
Christmas Gift Guide for Your Favourite Feminist
1. Feminist Killjoy embroidered shirt from Lisa Macario. Top of my own gift list.
2. Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
3. Grow a Pair enamel pin from Radical Buttons etsy shop.
4. I am I am I am (Sylvia Plath quote necklace) from Out of Print
5. My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem
6. Tote Bag from Grow Wild etsy shop.
7. Rights Tote from Feminist Apparel
8. Feminist Killjoy Enamel Pin from PunkyPins etsy shop
9. Nasty Woman tshirt from GoogleGhost ***50% of proceeds from these shirts go to Planned Parenthood. To date they’ve donated $130,293 to Planned Parenthood and $1,129 to the ACLU–a total of $131,422.
10. Venus Symbol earrings from the Misty Aurora etsy shop
11. Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl by Carrie Brownstein
12. Bangers tshirt from Girl vs Cancer *** 25% of the proceeds go to Coppa Feel!, TrekStock, Future Dreams, and Look Good Feel better.
14. The Future is Female tshirt by Otherwild. (Which I already own and you can see featured here. I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about this one because TopShop basically knocked it off for huge profits where as Otherwild donates 25% to Planned Parenthood.)
15. We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
16. Ruth Bader Ginsburg mug from FishEddy
And anything from the Outrage x Heather Heyer Foundation, in honour of Heather, who lost her life in Charlottesville whilst protesting against white nationalism.
I chose from a mixture of independent shops and stores in both the US and the UK, so hopefully there’s something on the list that will ship to you all over the world!
Is there anything you’d add to the list?