In full disclosure, my mom was the first person to show me the wonders of the M&M blondies. I’m not sure where she got her recipe, but I’d put my money on it coming from the recipe section of a back of a bag of chocolate chips or M&Ms. And even better, for special occasions she’d even let us put them in vanilla ice-cream.
This is an exciting post as it’s my first ever vlog! I was quite nervous about doing one, that’s why it took me so long.
- 1/2 cup butter (about 112 g)
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of m&ms (about 200 g)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (about 176 C). Grease a baking dish. I used a 13x9.
- Cream your butter and your sugar together.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together the baking powder, flour and salt, then mix it into the batter.
- Fold in 1 cup of M&Ms, reserving the remaining 1/2 cup M&Ms.
- Spread the batter evenly into your dish and then top with the remaining M&Ms.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes. The blondie will still be a bit soft but a lovely golden-brown colour.
- Let them cool throughly before slicing into bars.
So…. what did you think of my first baking vlog? I’d love if you subscribed to my YouTube channel for future video fun!