I used to live for opening my lunchbox to find the Rice Krispie (with a “k” obviously) Treat bar in my bag. They were sickeningly sweet. Just what kids like! So as an adult, I realised that I like Rice Krispies almost just as much as I always have done.
Have you ever had an ooey-gooey, buttery rice krispie treat straight from the oven? If you haven’t you absolutely must! These krispies will keep in an air-tight container for up to 5 days but they won’t be around long enough to go off. Trust me.
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon of butter (or a vegetable margarine like Flora Freefrom if they are vegan rice krispies)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 150 g of Rice Krispies
- Pour your Rice Krispies into a large bowl.
- In a medium sauce pan melt together your brown sugar, butter and golden syrup. Bring it to a boil and stir constantly for one minute. Remove the pan from the heat and add in your vanilla.
- Then pour your mixture over the rice krisipes and stir it all throughly together.
- In a pre-greased tin, pour in your Rice Krispies and press down firmly all over. Refrigerate them to allow them to set!
What are your feelings about rice krispie treats? Yay or nay?