Happy 4th of July to all my fellow Americans!
If you didn’t know that I love to bake, I would assume that this was probably your first time reading my blog. Because I bake quite a lot for other people, I’ve gotten to experiment a lot with various “free from” baked goods recently. From dairy free to gluten free, I’ve run the gamut recently. So this recipe is for gluten free brownies.
They are rich, tasty and most importantly, easy!
- 280 g of brown sugar
- 340 g of chocolate (I used a good milk chocolate but you could use a dark chocolate)
- 5 large eggs
- 225 g of unsalted butter
- 100g of ground almonds
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 170 C and line your brownie dish.
- Melt your chocolate (either in the microwave or bain marie). When your chocolate is melted, plop in your butter and let the heat of the chocolate melt it. Let it cool a bit. Mix your eggs and sugar on a high speed for 3-5 minutes, or until they are a thick airy mousse texture.
- If the chocolate mixture has cooled, gently stir the chocolate into your egg mixture. Then fold in your ground almonds and pinch of salt.
- Pour your batter into your brownie dish and bake for 45-50 minutes (or until the edges have started to pull away slightly from your dish and the top is firm.)
I’ve found the occasional Gluten Free Brownie to be stodgy and dry and these are anything but! I highly recommend making them for the gluten-free person in your life!
What’s your experience with gluten-free baked goods?