I say this without prejudice. These chocolate chunk orange cookies might be the best cookie that I’ve ever baked. Once they were all polished off, it was really hard to resist not immediately baking another batch!
If you love the Ben’s Cookies Orange and Chocolate cookie then these are right up your street!
- 150 g of coconut oil
- 175 g of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of orange extract
- 200 g of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 150 g of chocolate chunks
- zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 160 C.
- Mix your sugar and oil together. Then add in all your wet ingredients (extracts, egg) and stir thoroughly. Then add in your baking powder and flour. Bring the dough together before adding in the chocolate chips and orange zest and giving it another stir.
- Line two baking trays and place tablespoon sized amounts evenly across the two trays. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Leave them on the tray after removing them from the oven for a few minutes before setting them aside to cool on a wire rack.
These are literally some of my favourite cookies in the entire world. And since I’m a cookie monster that’s a really big shout.
What are your favourite cookie recipes?