Here’s another bout of #Veganuary inspiration to those of you who are still involved. You honestly couldn’t hope to fit more vegetables into my All Vegetable Pad Thai.
Pad Thai has always been one of my favourite foods. I’ve featured meat versions in the past, then last year a vegetarian version, and now my vegan version. It just shows that no matter how my diet changes, I just can’t give pad thai up!
Apologies, it was quite dark when I took these photos so they aren’t quite up to my usual standards!
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 red chile pepper, diced
- 3 red onions, thinly diced
- 1 1/2 cups of thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 5 large carrots, peeled and ribboned with a vegetable peeler
- 5 leaves of Tuscan kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flake
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Fresh cilantro
- cashew nuts
- dried chile flakes
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a small bowl, and whisk. Set aside once thoroughly combined.
- In a large skillet, add the sesame oil over medium heat. Once hot, add in the chile pepper, onions, cabbage, bell pepper, and soy sauce. Cook for 3 minutes, whilst tossing frequently.
- Add carrots and kale. Sauté for 2 minutes. Then add sauce you prepared earlier, as well as your and ginger and turmeric.
- Sauté over medium heat until the greens are slightly wilted (this should take about 3 minutes).
- Serve topped with chile flakes, cilantro, cashews and lime wedges.
This dish is absolutely packed with vegetables and extremely tasty!