There are just some nights when nothing cuts it but a flavourful and quick stir-fry. Obviously, I love the fact that you can whip up most stir- fries in almost no time at all, but I also love that they are a super easy way to get your 5 a day (if not more) because you can basically whack them full of as many vegetables as you want.
One fact about Sam that he is quite proud of is his ability to eat pasta and noodles. He calls it his greatest super power. He’s a bottomless pit when it comes to noodles so whenever I make any dish like this, I always have to make miles more than I think I will do.
These are a quasi-healthy take on a spicy Singapore noodle dish, but sadly without that amazing dry heat that you get from the takeaway option. However, they are easy to make at home and usually with only refrigerator staples!
So this is a quick Spicy Vegan Noodles dish that will satisfy anyone!
- 150 g of dried egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 50 g of chopped mushrooms
- 150 g of tenderstem broccoli
- handful of bok choy
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red chilli, diced
- 150 g of bean sprouts
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 30 g of peanuts
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Cook noodles according to the direction on the package.
- In a large pan, heat your rapeseed oil and saute your garlic and onions. After about 5 minutes throw in all your other vegetables (except the spring onions and cucumber). Stir fry your vegetables until soft but with a bit of a bite (al dente is what I aim for).
- Take your pan off the heat. Drain your noodles and add them into the pan along with your sesame oil, lime juice and soy sauce. Toss until throughly combined.
- Serve topped with your peanuts, spring onions and cucumber.
Do you have any healthy and quick weeknight meals?